Why are we regenerating the amenities area?
- It is a fantastic public space that is in need of some rejuvenation
- Add to art and culture in Crookwell through public art
- Increase urban greening
- Support a multifunctional space
Why are we testing a cycle lane/pedestrian linkage from the main street to Pat Cullen Reserve?
- To improve the connectivity between the main street and Pat Cullen Reserve
- To harness health benefits of physical activity and utilising greenspace
- Create an active linear link with Pat Cullen Reserve
- Increase connection to passive and active recreation opportunities
- Increase legibility, permeability and street aesthetics
- Activate underutilised space
Why are we installing a mural on Roberts Street?
- Enhance the entrance point to the main street
- Beautification and honoring Crookwell’s heritage
- Add to art and culture in Crookwell
Why are we installing temporary blisters on the intersection of Goulburn Street and Roberts Street and creating narrower streets?
- Safer traffic use
- Traffic calming
- Improve functionality
- Test the concepts of the streetscape plan
- Increase walkability and pedestrian safety
Why are we trialing a parklet?
- Encourage people to stop, rest, and enjoy reallocated public space
- Temporary structure that will continue to move to different locations around the LGA
- Enhance the use of valuable street space
- Greening the street
- Benefits to businesses and community
- Support local businesses
- Safer public space
- Improved street amenity
- Street activation
Last modified: May 4, 2021